A skylight can provide your home with daylighting and ventilation.
Skylights are located on the roof, so they can result in unwanted summertime solar heat gain and wintertime heat loss. Manufacturers use various glazing technologies to reduce these impacts, including heat-absorbing tints, insulated glazing, and low-emissivity (low-e) coatings. Some manufacturers even install a translucent insulation material, such as aerogel, between several glazing layers to create a more thermally efficient assembly.
Operation and Use
Most homeowners install skylights to provide daylighting and/or ventilation. Recent developments in skylight design use sun-tracking, open-sided cylinders; large lens-like elements; or mirrored reflectors mounted adjacent to a conventional skylight to provide daylighting without daytime heat gain or nighttime heat loss.
Such a skylight may connect to a mirrored pipe or “light pipe” with a diffusing lens that mounts on or is recessed into the ceiling of the room below. Most tubular skylights have this feature. These skylight designs do not, however, provide views or ventilation.
Skylights can provide ventilation as well as light. Ventilating a building with an operable skylight releases the hot air that naturally accumulates near the ceiling. Ventilating skylights usually open outward at the bottom, and some units vent through a small, hinged panel. Skylights may be opened manually with a pole, chain, or crank.
Automated units with electric motors or pneumatic devices are also available. Some models incorporate moisture sensors to automatically close the skylight when it rains. Larger skylights that can be used as emergency exits are sometimes called “roof windows” and are located within a few feet of the floor.
Skylights windows Key Features
- Extra safety cable is added in each of our window.
- Extra Anti slide block is furnished for safety protection by increasing the life span of the window bracket after use in decades.
- Preminum window bracket in 304 stainless steel and thickness to be 2.5mm 4. Extra 22mm-length slot is cut to install the window bracket with screws for double safety protection
- Special customized child safety locks with zero concern when you are away
- Ventilation skylights: as the name implies, they’re those that can be fully or partially opened to allow, in addition to the entry of light, the entry of fresh air.